Friday, April 3, 2009

Blogging the Bible

Listening to NPR the other day, I heard of a blog of an editor at Slate magazine. His name, What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun." The other 30 percent are the miscellaneous ramblings of madmen. Anyway, back on topic, I decided it to take this project a step further, I am going to try and blog through the Bible, starting with the New Testament, then through the Old Testament, maybe. Who knows, I haven't started yet, so I might just change my mind and start with the Old Testament. Plotz is not going to do the New Testament, being a Jew, it's not part of his Bible. If you would like to read what he has so far it is here http://www.slate.com/id/2150150/. So stay tuned. You might learn something, you might not, either way, I think it's going to be an interesting journey...

4 comments:

  1. We simply beg borrow and steel from people who are much smarter than us...I just stole that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction, 70% of what I say is recycled material, and the other 30% is the rants and raves of a madman. I shouldn't lump other people in with me. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. gotta love the madmen...sounds like Jesus!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. just gotta realize that it is the baggage of the institution of the church and its history...church teaches us to be sheep and make us all think alike...then when someone thinks outside the box, they are ostracized and rejected as nonChristian.

    ReplyDelete